CHEESY PASTA WITH SWEET POTATO SAUCE

I've been cracking my head thinking what to cook for my LO the past whole week as she's going through the so-called 'I-only-eat-...

I've been cracking my head thinking what to cook for my LO the past whole week as she's going through the so-called 'I-only-eat-fruits-and-drink-soups' phase >.<. Was so glad to see her finishing her rice during dinner yesterday. This morning, as usual, I was standing in front of the fridge wondering what to cook (and also the fact that I needed to clear the fridge since we're going outstation tomorrow) when I remembered seeing someone posted some baked pasta with sweet potato a couple of days ago. I happen to have 1 sweet potato sitting on my kitchen counter, which I've no idea what to do with it, so I tried cooking my own version of sweet potato baked pasta with whatever leftovers I had in the fridge. This is the result...


Made with simple ingredients but rich in flavor.


The leftovers: pork, carrot and baby bok choy.

Ingredients:


  • 1 small Japanese sweet potato
  • Cooked macaroni, depending on personal appetite 
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 small piece of pork meat, minced
  • A few baby bok choy leaves, cut into smaller pieces
  • 1/4 small carrot, shredded
  • Shredded cheddar cheese
  • Some fresh milk
  • Ground black pepper, for seasoning
  • Olive oil, for stir-frying


  1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
  2. Boil and mash the Japanese sweet potato. Add milk in slowly til your desired consistency is achieved. This will serve as the sauce. 
    The sweet potato sauce.
  3. Heat oil and stir-fry garlic til fragrant. Add pork, carrot and baby bok choy, and stir-fry til almost 80% cooked. Season with some ground black pepper.
  4. In an ovenproof ramekin, put the cooked macaroni at the bottom, followed by the pork and veggies, the sweet potato sauce and lastly, top with shredded cheese. 
    You can choose to layer them or just toss them together.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 mins or til cheese is slightly golden brown. Serve.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.