3-INGREDIENT SWEET POTATO OATY HASH BROWNS

I love potato hash browns... I guess most people do, but sweet potato hash browns? WOW. And it's so easy!! Since this is for my LO's...

I love potato hash browns... I guess most people do, but sweet potato hash browns? WOW. And it's so easy!! Since this is for my LO's lunch, I made them more filling by adding oats :D Let me just say "You're welcome" because these are soooo good! :P If you've never tried sweet potato hash browns, give it a try. I think you'll like them too. The great thing about this recipe is that it's perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. 

PS: Some people say white potatoes contain anti-nutrients like saponins that can be harmful. Sweet potatoes don't contain those substances, so it's healthier. Oh well. To me, just take everything in moderation. 

Pardon the ugly 'hearts'... Guess it was hard without a paring knife -_-"
I'm not really good at making food art... I do try from time to time. Was super delighted to see LO's happy face as she pointed and said, "Heart", "Eyes", "Mouth", "Nice" and "Yummy!"


Ingredients:


  • 1 medium-sized Japanese sweet potato, steamed
  • 2 tbsp quick/steel cut oats
  • 2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
  • Coconut oil, for pan frying


  1. Peel and mash half the sweet potato. Dice the other half.
  2. In a large bowl, mix the diced sweet potato, oats, shredded cheese and mashed sweet potato together.
  3. Heat oil in a pan. Drop in sweet potato 'cakes' in about 2-3 tablespoon batches. Flatten them slightly and pan-fry til both sides turn golden brown.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.