GRANITE KITCHEN & LOUNGE BAR @ CENTREPOINT BANDAR UTAMA

Saw this fairly new restaurant being recommended on  Eat Drink KL   recently. What attracted us was the babi guling. I'm sure most of yo...

Saw this fairly new restaurant being recommended on Eat Drink KL recently. What attracted us was the babi guling. I'm sure most of you out there know this famous Balinese classic pork dish. Hubby and I are quite a fan, so we were excited to give this place a go and try to reminisce about the one we had when we were in Bali. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a bad experience for us and the worst food we've had in a long time!

Babi Guling Belly (RM28).
The menu says: "Indonesian style marinated pork belly roasted to perfection with crispy crackling skin, served with Jasmine white rice and fresh vegetables." I do understand that Granite's reinterpretation of babi guling showcased roast pork belly with substantial fat, but the version they served me? The skin was all soggy and thick with the fat! And I'm pretty sure the rice wasn't Jasmine white rice because it wasn't fragrant at all and it looked/tasted like some low quality rice. The sambal was not bad, except the one served on top of the raw vegetables (shredded cabbage and long beans). It was SUPER SUPER spicy that my tongue hurt almost immediately after taking a small amount :( It was totally DISAPPOINTING!!
You can see the skin was oily, it wasn't crispy or crunchy at all and check out the layer of fat!
My leftovers >.<
I don't usually like wasting food but I just couldn't bring myself to stomach anymore of it. I felt I had eaten to the point of puking. It was so 'jelak' (A common Malay word that we often use here), which means satiated by a food, particularly a food that is too rich/oily, to the point that one feels repulsed by it. 

Italianismo Sausages (RM25).
Hubby ordered the Italian sausages. They were served together with 3 slices of baked apples, sauerkraut, tomato sauce and yellow mustard. Took quite a while to serve and they tasted just like any store-bought sausages.

Service was kinda slow, although there were only 3 tables occupied, including us. There were 2 waiters working when we arrived and halfway through eating, 1 left. When we were leaving, we saw the waiter who left standing in front of Bosko, the restaurant next door. I then realized both Granite and Bosko were under the same boss. I've been to Bosko a few times and the food was not bad. No idea why there was such a huge difference in the food quality at Granite. Will I give Granite another go? Definitely a BIG NO NO!!!

Food: 2/10
Service: 6/10
Ambience: 7/10

Add:
1st Floor, Centrepoint,
Jalan BU 1/11, Bandar Utama, 
47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
10am - 2am, Daily.

Tel:
+60 3-7733 5571

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.