XIAO BY CRUSTZ @ HAPPY MANSION, PJ

Dessert is a girl's best friend! Oh, and diamonds too, of course ðŸ˜ˆ Haha. Dainty, elegant and oh-so-beautifully crafted gateau-style/Fre...

Dessert is a girl's best friend! Oh, and diamonds too, of course ðŸ˜ˆ Haha. Dainty, elegant and oh-so-beautifully crafted gateau-style/French-inspired desserts... Who wouldn't love them? And these are what you'll get at Xiao by Crustz. My main 'prey' was the Pink Guava. Unfortunately, it was sold out the first time I went. Determined to 'hunt' it down, I visited Xiao by Crustz again and this time, arriving on the dot of 3pm - when the cafe opens! Check out my loots :P

Pink Guava (RM17).
Love the classy and elegant look of it.
The Pink Guava was definitely my favorite on that day. I liked how the sweet strawberries in the middle complimented the slightly sourish pink guava mousse.
La Vie en Rose (RM16).
This La Vie En Rose is made of shortbread cookie crust with 3 custard stuffed mini pate a choux (like cream puffs), and lined with rose chantilly cream. Honestly, I spent the first couple of minutes wondering how to eat this elegantly... Do I cut straight down the middle, or do I cut slowly from the sides? Having no inclination whatsoever, I pulled the pate a choux out and ate them one by one, before chomping down the base. Lol!
Apple Yuzu (RM17).
The Apple Yuzu (A slice of apple nestled in Yuzu flavored mousse/cream and white chocolate): Photogenic, but sad to say, it didn't have any wow factor for me.
Ginger Caramel (RM17).
Had mixed sentiments about this. I would say it is a pretty complex pastry with multi texture: Crispy, creamy, buttery and crumbly. The caramel worked well with the dark chocolate, but I felt the taste of the ginger caramel was a little too dominant.
The current 8 creations that Xiao by Crustz offers. 
There's no huge signboard, but this small little cafe is right next to Food Foundry.
Personally, I think Xiao by Crustz is definitely a nice quiet and cosy place for an intimate gathering with close friends while enjoying some well-crafted desserts. Service is good, and if you are planning to visit, do go early as their desserts sell out pretty fast and this tiny cafe can only cater, at max, 15-20 pax at a time. The only disappointment was, I didn't get to enjoy my desserts with coffee as their espresso machine was out. 

Desserts: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Ambience: 8/10

Add:
B-G-6, Section 17, Happy Mansion,
46400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, 
Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Wednesdays to Fridays: 3pm - 10pm
Saturdays: 12pm - 10pm
Sundays: 12pm - 6pm
Closed on Mondays & Tuesdays.

Tel:
+60 16-211 0932



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Looks like a really wonderful place to go! I'd hunt it down for the guava mousse alone, then stare at it forever as it's too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.