MY JOURNEY THROUGH MOTHERHOOD SO FAR~

Time really flies... This is my second year celebrating Mother's Day with my baby. Seems like it was just yesterday when we saw her for ...

Time really flies... This is my second year celebrating Mother's Day with my baby. Seems like it was just yesterday when we saw her for the first time during ultrasound. She was this tiny 'bean', swinging her toothpick-like arms and legs when we looked at the screen, as if she was excited to meet us for the first time too. Now, she's a soon-to-be 19 MO toddler, capable of self feeding and running around calling "Mommy! Mommy!"

There really are places in the heart you don't even know exist until you love a child.
Being a parent isn't just about taking care and feeding our little ones. It's also about giving our very best (even if it means sacrificing certain things) to be the best role models, educators, nutritionists etc. Parents, especially mothers, have this gift to be exactly what their children need at any given time that stems from an unconditional love and selflessness. No one else in the world can emulate this. 

Looking back, motherhood is indeed a beautiful yet very challenging journey. Nobody told me exactly how motherhood was gonna be, but I believe no one could anyway because everyone's journey is different. You just have to experience it yourself. I pretty much breezed through my pregnancy with no morning sickness, no change in appetite, no sudden weird cravings and most of all, not much weight gain (some people couldn't even tell I was already at week 39 and was gonna pop anytime soon). Guess it's like every woman's dream, huh? Hehe :P. Some of my friends joked and said my unborn baby must have loved her mommy very much, that's why she didn't want me to suffer. Truly blessed, I am. 

I was this impatient/hot-tempered girl. Most of my long time close friends would know what a 'tigress' I was and even said the guy who marries me must be a 'Saint' (Well, he is, to me!) Haha. Never would I have ever imagined that I can become what I am today. Being a mom most definitely changed me... a lot. I've learnt to be patient, more patient than I had ever been (Always thought that women with such great patience were non-existent. Lol!). As I mentioned before, children do not come with instruction manuals that teach parents how to handle them. Every child is different and we, as parents, have to figure out ourselves on how to deal with them.

There are ups and downs, good and bad days, of course, the same goes for everything in life. It was never a bed of roses, but that's what makes things interesting, isn't it? Sometimes over the moon, sometimes plain fatigue. For me, the good always outweighs the bad. There are days that she absolutely drives me crazy, but it will always be followed by things that would totally blow my mind and put me on top of the world :D.


Picture taken from www.pinterest.com. Indeed, a crazy journey for the strong!

I'm learning new things everyday on how to teach and deal with my baby. I look forward to seeing 'surprises' from her, searching/preparing/cooking new food for her and see her happily chomping down all the food (and also demotivated when she dislikes/spits them out. Pfft!). I love looking at her angelic face when she's sleeping, smelling and kissing her all over even when she's sweaty (yeah, I know I'm not the only one who does this!), hearing her call Mommy first thing in the morning when she opens her eyes (feeling thrilled and secretly gloating when she still calls Mommy, hugs and kisses me and Daddy is 'begging' her to go to him lol! Sshhh...). Oh, and hearing her pronouncing/pointing to most of her body parts, recognizing/reading out almost all of the 26 A-Z alphabets (well, she can't pronounce F, H, L, N, W and X correctly yet) and numbers 1-10 at 18-month-old? I'm one DAMN PROUD MOM!! 


Picture taken from www.huffingtonpost.com.

Time will not turn back or stop and I guess before I know it, my baby might just turn 18 years old, graduate from uni and get married. But I'm glad I'm able to embark on this amazing journey with her as she is truly the BEST gift I ever had (besides my hubby, perhaps :P)! Never once I regretted quitting everything to look after her, though some people told me it was a mistake when I made that decision. Enough said.

With Mother's Day just around the corner, remember to take this opportunity to show our love and appreciation to the woman who brought us into this world. Last night I came across a mommy who commented that mother-in-laws (MIL) should celebrate Mother's Day for their daughter-in-laws instead of the other way round, and I thought, hey, that idea ain't that bad! After all, we ARE helping them to MOTHER their sons. Haha! Lastly, to all the Supermoms out there, Happy Mother's Day!! 

Here, I would like to share a beautiful video:

#As a parent, you will find yourself doing crazy things for your kids but we wouldn't have it any other way. They won't be kids forever, which makes today that much more important.#




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.