EASY MINI PUMPKIN MUFFINS

Our family don't cook or eat pumpkin often. We're not a fan and LO doesn't like it too. It's kinda weird coz she's OK w...

Our family don't cook or eat pumpkin often. We're not a fan and LO doesn't like it too. It's kinda weird coz she's OK with butternut squash but not pumpkin. To me, they pretty much look the same after cooking and taste pretty similar too. No? I wonder how can she tell the difference... Hmm. Recently my dad brought us one when he came over to visit. His friend planted it and it's 100% organic. Looking at this whole pumpkin sitting on my kitchen counter, I was scratching my head trying to figure out what else can I do with it besides the usual roasting and stir frying. I didn't wanna waste it, so I searched and see if I could use it to bake into something that I've never tried before. 

This was originally a cake recipe but I changed it a bit and made into mini muffins instead. The reason was that if it's small, LO would hold and eat it nicely. If it's something bigger like a slice of cake or even normal muffin, she would just eat a few mouths, smash and play with the rest of it -_-. So, mini muffin it is. 

I must say, these mini muffins turned out just lovely and they are EASY, like 4 steps easy, including baking! If you aren't a pumpkin fan yet like us, perhaps you will be after trying this! I’m quite smitten with these muffins. Even LO said, "Mmm... Yummy" after the first bite. So now I'll know what to do when I have extra pumpkin next time!


They turned out soft, fluffy and delicious! They smelled great too, with the aroma from the coconut oil.
 Just nice for teatime :D
See how moist they are!
You could add cream cheese frosting over the top, if you like. I didn't have cream cheese at home, so I left that out but I think they are yummy on their own, without any frosting :D

Ingredients: 

(Yields 9. Note that my mini papercups are slightly taller than the regular ones.)


  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour, sifted 
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda, sifted to get rid of lumps
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar (Depending on how sweet your pumpkin is)
  • 150g pumpkin, steamed and mashed
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil 


  1. Preheat oven to 170°C and line a mini muffin tray. 
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and sugar. 
    Whisk the dry ingredients together.
  3. In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: pumpkin purée, egg and oil. 
    Whisk the wet ingredients together.
  4. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk til smooth. Divide and pour batter evenly into the prepared mini muffin tray. 
    Whisk both wet and dry ingredients together til smooth.
    Pour batter into the prepared tray.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 mins, or til toothpick comes out clean when tested. 


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I'm so excited for pumpkin season! These look so good. I hope to make muffins a staple for breakfast this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! We don't eat pumpkin much but I was surprised the muffins turned out quite good. So this recipe is definitely a keeper from now on :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just use a egg whisk or a plastic spatula to mix the ingredients? This recipe looks simple and I will try it one day. Thanks for sharing.

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can. I mixed all using just a whisk :)

      Delete

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.