DOTTY'S PASTRIES & COFFEE @ TTDI

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm a little behind on this because the salted egg craze is kinda over (The 'in' thing now is the Japanese mo...

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm a little behind on this because the salted egg craze is kinda over (The 'in' thing now is the Japanese molten cheese tart). I'm not really a fan of salted egg and what's more, salted egg with sweet pastry just sounds wrong to me >.< But one afternoon I went out for coffee with my sis-in-law, coincidentally her office is in Taman Tun and she was interested to try this place, so here we are. 

The first time I came across the term 'Cronut' was in the American sitcom '2 broke girls'. This sitcom is hilarious and I loved the character Max so much - beautiful, vulgar and funny at the same time. Anyway, cronut literally means a hybrid between a 'croissant' and a 'doughnut' and this Salted Egg Yolk Cronut is Dotty's signature pastry. 

We reached there at about 2.30pm and as usual, business was good. It's packed most of the time. We were greeted by a huge glass window displaying what Dotty has to offer; breads, tarts, cakes, donuts etc, and a bright and cheerful dining space. Service was warm and polite too. We sat down and placed our orders: the Salted Egg Yolk Cronut for me, of course, and my sis-in-law went with their Special of the Day: Salted Poached Egg Soft Shell Crab. 

The signature salted egg yolk cronut (RM11).
Unfortunately, it was already cold when served.
The cronut was crispy, gooey and creamy but it didn't make me go nuts. Lol. Sugar high, yes, but definitely not crazy or excited. It was too rich and sweet that I had to stop halfway. I just couldn't stomach anymore of it. The feeling was 'jelak' (A common Malay word that we often use here), which means satiated by a food, particularly a food that is too rich, to the point that one feels repulsed by it. Perhaps it's better to share this as I find it overly rich.

Salted Poached Egg Soft Shell Crab (RM28).
The Special of the Day fared better - Poached egg drizzled with hollandaise sauce crowned on fried soft shell crab with salted egg yolk and English muffin. The garnishing was kinda sloppy though. Take note: this thing might look small but it is REALLY filling!

The Flat White and Salted Caramel Latte were so so. If one is adventurous, you could try the Doughnut Affogato - the fried confection dunked with coffee & ice cream in a cup. Not sure how it's like but I can't imagine myself eating a coffee and ice cream soaked doughnut using a teaspoon. Lol... 

The interior - mainly in black, white and tiffany blue.
Besides pastries, they also serve sandwiches, burgers and big breakfast.
In sum, service was good. Food and drink, acceptable but the tableware they used was lovely :) Will I go again? For the cronut, once was enough for me but to try other pastries/desserts, maybe. 

Food: 6/10
Service: 8/10
Ambience: 7/10

Add:
20-G, Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad 2, 
Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, 
60000 Kuala Lumpur.

Opening hours:
8am - 6pm (Closed on Tuesdays)

Tel:
03-7733 4233

NOTE!! This place is strictly for folks who believe 'diet' and 'counting calories' belong in a foreign vocabulary! :P

 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.