HAM, SPINACH & MUSHROOM MINI PIZZAS

Good pizza begins with a good crust. Some like it thin, some like it crispy, some like it fluffy and thick. I like mine thin and crispy – my...

Good pizza begins with a good crust. Some like it thin, some like it crispy, some like it fluffy and thick. I like mine thin and crispy – my favorite way to eat it. Homemade pizza crust may sound difficult to most people. Why waste the time when you can buy frozen? But trust me – homemade crust is nothing like store-bought, delivery, or what you order at a restaurant. And homemade pizza means you can top with whatever you like!

Making pizza crust is a lot like making regular bread, only quicker and well, flatter. Most recipes call for either instant yeast or active dry yeast. I don't usually bake bread or buns, so I don't buy or keep any yeast at home. I find it kinda annoying to wait for them to rise/rest/proof, even though it isn't a big deal (Yeah, I know I'm impatient >.<). Therefore I chose to make a crust that doesn't require any yeast at all. This recipe is great for a quick, easy homemade pizza when the pizza craving hits and there isn't any yeast in the house. 

My ham, baby spinach and mushroom mini pizza, made from scratch :D
LO loved it, so I'm a happy mom!

Ingredients:

(Makes 5 mini pizzas)
  • 180g all purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 tsp baking powder 
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 cup water, and some extra, if needed
  • Homemade tomato purée 
  • 2-3 Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced 
  • A handful of baby spinach, roughly chopped
  • 1 slice of honey cured ham, cut into small pieces
  • Cheddar cheese, grated

  1. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. 
  2. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl (flour, baking powder and salt). Add the oil and 1/2 cup water then stir til it forms a ball. If dough is stiff, add more water. It should be soft, but not sticky. 
    Soft but not sticky.
  3. Knead on a floured surface for 3-4 minutes.
  4. Roll the dough into your desired shape/size and transfer to the prepared baking tray. Spread with tomato purée and add your desired toppings (mushrooms, baby spinach, ham and cheese). 
    You can top with whatever you like :)
  5. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-25 minutes, or til crust is browned and cheese is golden.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.