CHOCO-NANA BREAD

You know how parents sometimes treat you like a kid even when you are a full grown adult? Well, my dad thinks I'm still the kid who like...

You know how parents sometimes treat you like a kid even when you are a full grown adult? Well, my dad thinks I'm still the kid who likes eating chocolates, so he likes buying them for me. I used to like them when I was in Australia but not anymore after coming back (The weather here is just too hot and I get heaty quite easily -_-). Though I've told him that I don't really eat them anymore, he will still say, "Dark chocolates are good for health" and then leave a bar or 2 in my fridge every time he comes over. Lol... Thus, what to do when I have chocolate bars sitting in the fridge and I don't wanna let them go to waste by throwing them away after the expiration date? I use them to make cakes or pies! That way, I can share them with neighbor, friends, and hubby can bring to work to share with his colleagues too :D 

This choco-nana bread that I made today is rich, moist and tender (You could call it a cake, if you like, but the texture is more dense). I read that overripe bananas are essential to the success of any quick breads recipe - They make the bread super moist. I had a bit of difficulty defending the bananas from being eaten by my LO, hahaha, so if you have to hide them to get them to turn brown, do it :P 

Eat it for breakfast, tea or even dessert!
It's rich - the chocolate flavor is intense :)
This is what I used. You could use milk chocolate if you don't like the bitterness.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • A pinch of sea salt
  • 3/4 cup mashed banana
  • 1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
  • 1 1/2 tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO)
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 bar (100g) dark chocolate 72% cocoa
  1. Chop the chocolate bar into small pieces and set aside. 
    Or, save yourself the trouble by using chocolate chips.
  2. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line a one pound (8.5 x 4.5-inch) loaf pan with baking paper (For easier removal purpose).
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt. Set aside.
  4. In a large bowl, add melted butter and oil together with mashed banana. Stir til combined. Add in brown sugar and egg, and stir til well combined.
  5. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Don't overmix. Fold in 3/4 of the chopped chocolates.
  6. Pour batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle remaining chopped chocolates on top.
    Yes, this bread has chocolates in it and on top of it. Hehe.
    Bake in preheated oven for about 40-45 mins, or til toothpick comes out mostly clean when inserted into the center of the bread (You might have some chopped chocolates on the toothpick, that's OK, as long as it's not a lot of gooey batter).
  7. Let bread cool in the pan for 15 mins before removing and let cool on wire rack til slightly warm. Cut into slices and serve.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.