STRAWBERRY SRIRACHA MARGARITA

Sriracha sauce - It's said to be the No. 1 hot sauce around and it makes everything taste good! Unfortunately, I've never tried it b...

Sriracha sauce - It's said to be the No. 1 hot sauce around and it makes everything taste good! Unfortunately, I've never tried it before... Last week, there was a small competition organized by a Facebook cooking group that I'm in and coincidentally, one of the prizes is THE famous Sriracha sauce! For the fun of it, I joined. This is the first time I join this kind of competition coz most of them are themed or needed a slogan, and I really SUCK at slogans >.< This one was simple; just post a home cooked dish or meal together with a #hashtag... The next thing I knew, I won! Lucky me!! :D And so my prize arrived today. I am eager to try the Sriracha sauce but haven't thought of what to cook with it yet. Then I thought, how about making a drink with it, just for a change? Ta-dah... I present to you my Strawberry Sriracha Margarita:

A nice cocktail with a hint of hotness!
Do take note that the alcohol intensifies heat, so be careful with the amount of hot sauce you add :)
 *Sorry I didn't have a margarita glass so I served it in a wine glass :P*

Ingredients:

(Makes a glass... for myself!!)

  • 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
  • 1/4 tsp Sriracha sauce
  • 1/4 cup gold tequila
  • 2 tbsp Cointreau
  • 1/2 tsp syrup (I used raw honey coz I ran out of syrup at home)
  • 3/4 cup ice

  1. Add all ingredients into the blender and blend til smooth (I didn't blend til completely smooth as I prefer to have some bits to chew on). Note: I do not like frozen margaritas, so I just blended everything except the ice, poured into a shaker with the small ice cubes and shook away.
  2. Pour into a salt rimmed glass and enjoy :D

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.