SIGNATURE BY THE HILL @ THE ROOF, FIRST AVENUE, BANDAR UTAMA

I've tried dining at this Signature By The Hill twice before but my attempts were to no avail; 1st time it was full house and the 2nd, t...

I've tried dining at this Signature By The Hill twice before but my attempts were to no avail; 1st time it was full house and the 2nd, they were closed for some private function. Yeah, yeah, I know what you are gonna ask next: "Why didn't I call to make a reservation first, huh?". Well, the thing is, I go to One Utama Shopping Mall pretty often and it's only when I need to scratch my head thinking what to eat, then this place would appear in my head >.< But hey, people say the third time's a charm, right? True enough, I made it this time. Haha. Wasn't planning to write about this place but since the service was good and my dining experience was pleasant, I felt it deserves a post. From the moment we stepped in til we left, there was literally a waitress standing nearby to attend to our every need. She was attentive, ensuring our needs were well taken care of throughout the whole night and was patient with our LO. She even brought our LO a balloon after seeing her pointing at one when we sat down.

Escargots à la Bourguignonne (RM30 for 1/2 dozen).
We started with Escargots à la Bourguignonne (Escargot with herbs with garlic butter) for appetizer. It was fresh and flavorful, but I would prefer it to be a little more creamy. 
Chicken Tikka (RM32).
Hubby ordered this chicken tikka, which was served with rice and salad. Not fantastic - a little on the salty side, but the texture of the meat was tender. 
Pan seared Baramundi with Otak otak Sauce (RM38).
Served with sweet and sourish Vietnamese glass noodles.
When I ordered this, the waitress told me that I had to wait at least 20 - 25 minutes for it. One thing came to my mind, which is, the fish probably isn't fresh, hence they need some time to defrost it. But I still wanted to try it since this was one of their signature/award winning dishes. Sure enough, it smelled and tasted fishy. The Vietnamese glass noodles made up for it though - the thin gelatinous textured noodles absorbed the delightfully complex sweet-sour sauce very well. 
Chocolate Brownie, served with raspberry ice cream (RM22).
We finished our meal with the chocolate brownie. The portion was generous - enough for two. I liked that it wasn’t overly sweet and it had the right chocolate flavor without being too rich. 
Tequilla Sunrise.
Tip: Give them a 'on-the-spot' review on Trip Advisor and get a free cocktail or mocktail. Obviously, we took the cocktail :P BUT it tasted like mocktail. You get what I mean? Lol.
Beautiful deco and a cozy environment. The ceiling to floor glass windows allow us to enjoy the magnificent night view of the city.
Verdict: As far as food is concerned, it was kinda like a hit and miss affair, but we were impressed by the atmosphere/setting of the place and the service was commendable. Do request for a table by the window when you call to make a reservation to enjoy the breathtaking view of the surrounding area.

Food: 6/10
Ambience: 9/10
Service: 8/10

Add:
Sky Level, 1, First Avenue, Bandar Utama, 
47800 Petaling Jaya, 
Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours:
Mondays to Fridays: 11.30am - 2.30pm, 5pm - 2am
Saturdays & Sundays: 5pm - 2am

Tel:
+603-8605 3388

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.