BRAISED TROTTERS WITH PEANUTS

Saw a post by someone in the cooking group that I'm in and it inspired me to cook my own version of braised pork with peanuts. I've ...

Saw a post by someone in the cooking group that I'm in and it inspired me to cook my own version of braised pork with peanuts. I've chosen to use pig trotters (Pork belly works well too) since I have a bag sitting in my fridge. You can add Chinese mushrooms but because I've added the mushrooms in my soup for tonight, I didn't put them in for this dish. I've also added some dried chillies just to give 'spice' things up a lil bit. Hehe. Spoon the thick and sticky gravy into a bowl of hot steamed rice....mmm... taste like heaven!

The trotters have a nice gelatinous texture that contributes to the sticky consistency of the gravy :D
Serve with hot rice ~ Taste like heaven!

Ingredients:

  • 350g pork trotters, cut into pieces
  • 60g peanuts, soaked for 2 hours
  • 1 star anise
  • 2 slices ginger
  • 3 cloves garlic, lightly crushed with skin on
  • Some dried chillies (Depending on how spicy you like)
  • 1 tbsp light soya sauce
  • 1 tbsp rock sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp Shaoxing wine/rice wine
  • 2 1/2 cups water (Including the water used to soak the Chinese mushrooms for my soup)
  • Some dark soya sauce, for coloring

  1. Blanch trotters in boiling water for 5 mins. Rinse and set aside.
  2. In a pot, heat some oil and sauté ginger slices, garlic, star anise and dried chillies til fragrant. Add the trotters and stir-fry til slightly browned. Add peanuts and cook for a while more.
  3. Pour water in and season with light soya sauce, rock sugar, wine and dark soya sauce. Bring to a boil and cover the lid. Braise over low heat for about an hour, or til meat is tender and sauce is thickened. Serve with hot rice.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.