MINI BLUEBERRY JAM TART

This morning when I served a whole meal bun with the blueberry jam that I made yesterday as breakfast for my LO, she totally rejected it >...

This morning when I served a whole meal bun with the blueberry jam that I made yesterday as breakfast for my LO, she totally rejected it >.< Though I kept explaining to her that it's made of blueberries (which she likes very much), she simply refused to even try. BUT, I was determined to make her eat it (Just being me, hah!), so... I thought of using it to make some tarts for afternoon teatime :P And, Guess what? She totally dig them!!

You can pick other jam flavors, depending on what you like.
You can also decorate the top with icing sugar, cut fruits or whatever you like :) 
Jam tarts are one of those classic treats that never disappoint. They are cheap to make and are such pretty little treats. This recipe will have you making them in a quick and easy way - totally fuss-free. You can choose to make from scratch for an extra special homemade taste, or buy ready-made pastry. I usually prefer to make just enough to finish at one go or on the same day, but feel free to double the amount of ingredients to make more :D

Ingredients:

(Makes 7 mini tarts)

  • 50g all purpose flour
  • 25g chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
  • Adequate homemade blueberry jam (Click here for my easy peasy 4-ingredient blueberry jam recipe)
  • 1/2 tbsp iced water
  • Pinch of salt

  1. Sift flour into a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Rub in butter using fingers til mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add in iced water. Mix til mixture forms a soft smooth dough. Wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins.
  2. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease the mini muffin tray holes.
  3. Roll out the dough to about 4mm thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut into circles using a pastry cutter (I used a small jar to cut) and press dough into the mini muffin tray holes.
  4. Prick with a fork and spoon jam into each pastry cups.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 mins, or til the pastry is golden. Stand for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.