SPAGHETTI 'PIE'

My LO has taken a liking to the song, "Three little kittens" recently. Just this morning, she put a round-shaped toy on  one of th...

My LO has taken a liking to the song, "Three little kittens" recently. Just this morning, she put a round-shaped toy on one of the round Tupperware covers and served to me as 'pie'. Lol... As I was thinking what to cook for lunch (Nothing much left coz been clearing the fridge since we are going outstation tomorrow), suddenly I remembered the spaghetti 'pie' video that I saw somewhere the other day. Quite an interesting way to serve the spaghetti, I must say. After digging through, I realized I do have enough ingredients to make a simple one. Having decided on that, I asked her, "Do you want a pie for lunch?" and she happily said, "OK". Throughout the meal, she kept saying, "Some more pie" and finished the whole thing! :D

So, here's my simple spaghetti 'pie':

My Spaghetti 'pie'
Pasta crust with meat sauce filling :)
For this recipe, I used a 120 x 120mm tartlet mold with a removable base.
Note: I used store-bought tomato-based pasta sauce as I didn't have any homemade ones left in the fridge (Haven't been cooking pasta for some time :P) 

Ingredients:

Crust:

  • 50g cooked spaghetti
  • 1 tsp butter
  • 1/2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp bread crumbs (Mine comes with mixed herbs)
  • 1/2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 quail egg, beaten

Filling:

  • 40g meat, minced
  • 2 tsp minced yellow onion
  • 2 tbsp pasta sauce
  • Pinch of brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (You could use Mozarella. I didn't have that :P)
  • Mixed Italian herbs, for seasoning
  • Olive oil, for stir-frying


  1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
  2. In a bowl, mix warm cooked pasta with butter, garlic, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and egg til well combined and butter and cheese have completely melted. Press pasta mixture into the tartlet mold. 
    The pasta crust.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 mins, or til the crust is set and edges have started to brown. Leave the oven on.
  4. Heat oil and saute onions til softened. Add in minced meat and cook til lightly browned. Season with mixed Italian herbs. Stir in pasta sauce and brown sugar. Simmer til slightly thickened and remove from heat.
  5. Spread meat sauce over the cooked pasta crust and then cover with shredded cheddar cheese. 
    Spread meat sauce over the crust and cover with cheese.
  6. Bake (Same, at 180°C) for 15-18 mins, or til golden on top. Let cool before serving.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi Cheryl. This is such a brilliant idea. LOL. Been reading your recipes today afternoon as I have not read your blog for sometime and glad I did because I have so many recipes to save now. If only I can find the time to make them all ;-)

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, dear. Mommies are always cracking their heads thinking of new ideas to attract their kids. Haha. Been busy, eh? Me too, but hope we can continue to make good food for our families 😁

    ReplyDelete

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.