SWEET POTATO RINGS

My poor baby has been eating nothing but porridge, soups and fruits for the past few days. Since she is feeling much better today, I decided...

My poor baby has been eating nothing but porridge, soups and fruits for the past few days. Since she is feeling much better today, I decided to give her a little 'treat' - by baking these sweet potato rings for her. These little rings are naturally sweet and even I like them too. (Been stealing from her snackbox haha!)


I didn't have a piping bag at home, so I used plastic bag. Hence, the ugly and uneven shapes :P

Ingredients:

  • 100g cooked Japanese sweet potato
  • 8g unsalted butter
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • 3 tbsp potato starch

  1. Preheat oven to 150°C.
  2. Cook 1 Japanese sweet potato in boiling water for 15 mins with skin on.
  3. Weigh 100g sweet potato and mash it with butter while still hot. Sieve them through a strainer for smoother texture.
  4. Add milk, egg yolk and potato starch. Mix well.
  5. Put the mixture in a piping bag. Squeeze and pipe into ring shapes.
  6. Bake for 20-25 mins in the preheated oven. Bake them slightly longer if you like them crunchy. I prefer them a little chewy :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.