WALFFEINE @ SEAPARK

Another waffle place in my neighborhood! As its name suggests, Walffeine (a portmanteau of waffle and caffeine) specializes in serving waffl...

Another waffle place in my neighborhood! As its name suggests, Walffeine (a portmanteau of waffle and caffeine) specializes in serving waffles, but with a twist, for e.g. waffle burgers and waffle sandwiches, besides the usual sweet dessert waffles. This tiny little waffle place is located right opposite the Seapark wet market, sharing half a shop lot with a CD/DVD shop.


Note that Walffeine is a Muslim friendly cafe and only HALAL ingredients are used in their menu :). We were ushered to our table by a friendly Malay waitress, who then took our orders. The interior is very simple - grey walls with wooden tables and steel chairs. 

The interior.
Honestly, I was disappointed. I had imagined this tiny place would be filled with the sweet smell of waffles the moment I walked in, but no. Our orders took quite some time to come, probably about 20 minutes. 

Savory waffles: Texas Chicken Burger, served with chips.
This is the Texan chicken burger, which is basically a chicken fillet burger served with waffles instead of buns. 

Sweet waffles: S'more Chocolate.
Since I'm more of a sweets person, I opted for the S'more Chocolate - waffles topped with marshmallows, a scoop of chocolate ice cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce. This tasted better because of the rich chocolate ice cream. Their waffles? I personally felt they didn't have that crisp and eggy aroma/taste that I preferred. They were more of the soft, chewy kind.

Walffeine also claims that they serve the specialty coffee brand, Bristot, in order to provide the best coffee experience for all customers. Their hot latte failed to wow me too.

My hot latte.
Would I be back? No. Fluffed Cafe & Dessert Bar (which is also in the same vicinity) serves wayyy better waffles. (You can read about my review on Fluffed here).

Food: 4/10
Ambience: 5/10 
Service: 6/10

Add: 

29, Jalan 21/17, 
Seapark, Petaling Jaya,
Selangor.

Tel:





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.