BUTTERY JAM THUMBPRINTS

I still have a bit of leftover cranberry sauce sitting in my fridge, staring right back at me (I'm guessing there are others who are jus...

I still have a bit of leftover cranberry sauce sitting in my fridge, staring right back at me (I'm guessing there are others who are just like me, right around this time :P), so I thought of using it to substitute jam and make some buttery thumbprints for snacks today. These Buttery Jam Thumbprints are so tender and delicious! They're also super easy to make and need only a handful of ingredients.

These butter thumbprints are tender, melt-in-your-mouth buttery, and filled with yummy homemade cranberry sauce :D
They are pretty addictive too! One bite and we were smitten... LO and I ended up eating more than a couple when they were still warm!!

Ingredients:

(Makes about 20-25 cookies)

  • 100g unsalted butter, softened
  • 3 tbsp icing sugar
  • 3/4 cup + 3 tbsp all purpose flour
  • About 1/4 cup jam of your choice (I used homemade cranberry sauce. You can find the recipe here.)


  1. Preheat oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
  2. In a bowl, beat butter and icing sugar til light and creamy using an electric mixer. Add in flour and mix gently using a rubber spatula til combined (Dough should be somewhat sticky). Form into a ball, cover and chill for about 30 mins.
  3. Roll spoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Press the center of each ball to form a deep well. It's easier to hold the dough ball in the palm of your hand while forming the well with your finger. Place them on the prepared tray. Fill cookie centers with jam/cranberry sauce. 
    Roll, press and fill :)
  4. Bake in preheated oven for about 18 - 20 mins, or til golden brown and puffy. Let cool on baking tray for 5 mins, then gently transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.

*TIPS: 

  • Cookies can be kept in airtight containers at room temperature for a few days.
  • Use thicker jams as thinner ones tend to 'run' during baking.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.