CRANBERRY WALNUT MINI MUFFINS

Christmas is in the air. Bought a pack of fresh cranberries a couple of days ago to make cranberry sauce, which was way more than what I nee...

Christmas is in the air. Bought a pack of fresh cranberries a couple of days ago to make cranberry sauce, which was way more than what I needed. I used some in my salads, but I must admit, raw cranberries do not taste as nice as the other berries. Some are sour, some are a little bitter, and my LO wouldn't eat them. She tried one, refused to take a second one and ran away the next time she saw me holding one. Haha! 

It's the weekend. We were planning to take our LO for a dip in the pool but it started raining. Then I thought, why not try making some cranberry muffins for teatime since we were just chilling at home the whole afternoon. After browsing through some recipes, I decided to go with this one. They turned out pretty good and I really liked how the walnuts complimented the cranberries :D 

I really liked the walnut taste. Gonna add a bit more next time :)
They are light and moist too.


-Adapted from an online recipe-


Ingredients:

(Makes 12 mini muffins)

  • 45g butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp fresh milk
  • 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
  • 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped


  1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a mini muffin tray with paper cups.
  2. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer til completely blended. Add egg and beat til well combined.
  3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Stir in 1/2 the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Add milk and stir til combined. Add the remaining half of the flour mixture and stir til combined. 
  4. Fold in cranberries and nuts. Divide and pour batter evenly into the prepared mini muffin tray. 
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 mins, or til golden brown and toothpick comes out clean when tested.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.