CONFINEMENT RECIPE: BRAISED TROTTERS WITH PEPPER & BLACK BEANS

Before I popped, I bought a confinement recipe book with the intention of marking down some of the recipes to ask my confinement lady to co...

Before I popped, I bought a confinement recipe book with the intention of marking down some of the recipes to ask my confinement lady to cook for me, but this turned out to be a vain attempt because she was illiterate :( Still, lucky for me, she wasn't one of those that only cook the same few dishes almost everyday, so no complaints. Hehe. Since most of the dishes in this recipe book look pretty tempting, I've been trying them out myself from time to time after that, and this is one of my favorites!

Even my hubby likes it :D

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 a pig trotter 
  • 100g fresh ginger, flatten
  • 1/2 tbsp peppercorns, crushed
  • 100g black beans
  • 1500ml water
  • 1/2 tbsp salt
  • 2 tbsp light soya sauce
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • Sesame oil, for frying

  1. Cut trotters into small pieces, blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes, rinse and set aside.
  2. Soak black beans in water overnight. Place beans in a pot, add enough water to cover and cook until soft. Dish up, drain and set aside.
  3. Heat up 3 tbsp sesame oil and saute ginger and crushed peppercorns til fragrant. Add in the trotter pieces and sugar. Toss until well combined, or til sugar is completely dissolved.
    Sugar can add some color to the trotters and balance the heat from the peppercorns
  4. Add in the cooked black beans, water, light soya sauce and salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat for approximately 1 hour, or til the trotter pieces are tender.
    Just wait til it's done and serve!







      You Might Also Like

      0 comments

      Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.