WHERE ELSE CAFE

Everyone knows that Santorini is among the most romantic destinations in the world and visiting it is the dream of a lifetime for many peopl...

Everyone knows that Santorini is among the most romantic destinations in the world and visiting it is the dream of a lifetime for many people. About 2 months ago, my friend eagerly showed me a post on this place called Where Else Cafe and we were excited to pay this supposedly very romantic Santorini-themed cafe a visit. However, we only managed to do it last week, due to busy schedules. 

Where Else Cafe indeed has a romantic feel to it. Inside, you'll be greeted by a series of soothing colors - white and tiffany blue. From paintings to writings on the walls, they were all about Love and Romance, but I'm not sure how it is 'Santorini-themed' though. Perhaps just the WHITE and tiffany BLUE color theme? Oh well. They do have some friendly staffs who greeted us warmly as we walked in and ushered us to our table.

The bar area.
Through an arch, into the dining area.
Pretty nice decos.
They serve Western food including salads, pizzas, pastas, chops and steaks. 
There were 5 of us; we ordered a Sirloin Beef Steak, a Teriyaki Salmon Steak, a Classic Fish and Chips, 2 Grilled White Chicken, a Creme Brulee coffee, a Lychee Creamy Soda and some teas.


Potato and leek soup.
There is a complimentary soup for every main dish you order. Ours on that day was the potato and leek soup. I wouldn't say that I hate this classic soup, but it's definitely not something that I would go out of my way to find. The soup was light, creamy and tasted a little bland, so I added some black pepper to give it more flavor. I must say, I think they should probably invest on some better quality black pepper. I know some people might argue that it's hard to say which pepper is 'better' than the other and that it depends on overall preference from tasters as some peppers have knock-you-down aromas but mild flavors, while others bore fruity, floral aromas but stronger, spicier tastes. Unfortunately, theirs had neither aroma nor flavor. -_-"

Next, came my creme brulee coffee, one of their specialty drinks: 


Btw, 2 different waiters actually came over to tell me that I've to stir it before drinking! Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got it! Stir before I drink!!
This was pretty good. The mellow vanilla flavor complemented the coffee well, and it even came with tiny bits of brittle caramelized topping, just like the dessert itself. As I sipped the bittersweet drink, I anticipated the food.

But... I guess I got my hopes up. 

My main - Sirloin Beef Steak
Grilled White Chicken
Teriyaki salmon steak
Let's start with my sirloin steak, served with steamed veggies, potato wedges and boiled potatoes with some green dressing. Good size with a layer of fat but lacked flavor. Ideally, the sirloin steak is suited to taking on flavors from spices and seasonings; the extra fat in the cut acts like a bridge, drawing flavor from the meat and the seasoning, and melting them together. But my steak showed no traces of herbs or seasonings of any sort. As for the green dressing, I'm not sure what it was. It looked like it has got some chopped parsley in it but other than that, the side dish just tasted like.... potatoes, that's all.

As you can see from the picture, the grilled chicken basically looked the same, except with a different meat, of course. Lol. Bland as well. The salmon steak was slightly better. The sweet teriyaki sauce added flavor to the salmon. The fish was sliced sideways and each fillet was about 3/4 inch thickness, so it could absorb flavors quickly. On a scale of 1 to 10, my friend gave it a 6. Haha. We didn't even bother taking photo of the fish and chips.

Just when we thought the food was kind of disappointing, things took a turn for the worse. A fly appeared out of nowhere, targeted my coffee and attempted to dive into it persistently! It got even more irritating when it seemed like it was doing it at its leisure. My hubby even laughed perhaps we could catch it with a pair of chopsticks like in the movies. Arghh! It finally went away after my hubby used a serviette to cover the top of my glass >.<. Guess the fly had 'taste' and knew that was the best thing on our table. Pfftt!!

Verdict: Food - Nothing to shout about. If one is a photo junkie, this is a good place - plenty of lighting and nice decos. 

Food: 5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 6/10

Add: 

No. 27G, Jalan Kenari 19A, 
Puchong New Village, Selangor.

Tel:








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright by LavaQueen. Powered by Blogger.